Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hi it's a wonderful weekend i notice some crocus and narcissus having its beautiful blooms. My amaryllis still alive one more blooms coming up. Well i guess you would like to read more about what's going on, right now i would like to talk about my grandpa. But anyway i would like to learn more about my grandpa and would like to learn their costume and tradition. It's not too late for me to see what's in store actually i started looking at some Turkish jewelries makes me happy, learning grandpa's real identity helps me understand who i'am. That's my aim right now to search more about him. This makes me happy learning more and solving the puzzle that was hidden for a long period of time. My dad never said anything about grandpa he never talk about grandma either. Once again i never had a long conversation with my dad before he never ever talk about his brothers or sisters or cousins. So anyway i have to put all the puzzles together and have my aunt help me understand why this happened. I remember there's a family reunion invitation when i was in high school but because of distance and work my dad never ask or talk about going to this reunion, my mother is speechless. The gathering begins and the reality comes when my dad pass away. Looking at the old family picture unlocked my grandpa's real identity by listening to my aunts story, this is where it begins i would like to know more about my grandpa.
So if anyone of you had a dad like my dad who never said anything about your grandpa, grandma, about his sisters and brothers start asking right now, now is the right time to do it, don't wait. Now is the right time to put all the puzzles together and have peace of mind knowing all your family members is very important.
Well i guess this is it for today i will talk to you again, take care.          

8 comments:

  1. According to my dad when they used to live there in Bauko he asked Lolo Julio why does lolo Joaquin looks different. Then lolo Julio said that lolo Joaquin is pure Turkish. Migrated in the Philippines during world war II and fell in love with lola Dapyag an Igorota from Bauko Mt. Province. Lolo Joaquin learned to adapt the culture in the Philippines and lived here till he passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know grandpa's remaining relatives or cousins in Turkey if they're still there. I know it is not difficult to do that at this time. Worth trying i guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how but if you have resources auntie it would be nice to know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,I've been asking my dad about lolo Joaquin lately and he said that lolo was originaly a ship crew from Spanish vessels that came here in the Philippines. He was with his brother, when the war started they ran for safety up in the mountains and there they served as an errand boy to a Chinese merchant and there he kearned to do business until they reach the Mountain province. Because before it's one of the area wherein Spaniards can not penetrate during their colonization. There he met lola Dapyag Tuason a beutiful Igorota and settled in the area.
    He adapted the surname Depalog so that he can hide his identity from the Spaniards my dad doesn't know his original surname actually. He opened a small store as a source of income then when the European missionaries arrived they introduce farming to the people in the Mt. provinces using the seeds from Europe. Since lolo was already familiar with farm work and his from Europe he took advantage of this opportunity and teal a farm of his own. In the mountains he lived a wealthy life with his family because he had a wide apple, citrus plantation and rice fields. That's why they were able to afford photographs before. That's it for now have blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your help however i want to know his Turkish name maybe auntie Maria knows..

      Delete
    2. Archeline so your dad heard this story from aunt Maria or from the old folks in Bauko?

      Delete
  5. No my dad heard this story from lolo Julio Cajigan when they used to live there in Bauko because Lolo Joaquin was still around that time. Lola Maria old me stories but not about him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for helping with my story fully appreciated..take care...love u guys...mwaaahhhhss..

      Delete